Autostart a script in terminal window?

Hey list,

I'm hoping someone can help me with something. I'm running FC2 currently, and have set up a few shortcuts on the desktop that point to a shell script. This shell script in turn starts a python script. Naturally then, I have these shortcuts set up to run in a terminal window so I can watch the results and see what happens.

So, what I'm looking to try and do is get these to start automatically after Gnome finishes loading. I need them to come up in a terminal window (or xterm) to be able to see what's going on, and to kill it if need be. It's easy enough to start them each on their own, but if the machine goes down ever when nobody is around, I need some of these to start up on their own.

So, my question is... how can I set this up? I haven't been able to find anything about starting up something like this. Basic commands and such I've always just put in the rc.sysinit script, but doing something like that with this causes the xterm window to come up before anything else, and nothing else will load until the window is closed.

So, might anyone have some suggestions for this?

Thanks.