Re: Sound card

Michael Sullivan wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a sound card for my PC? Right
now it has a crappy VIA Technologies VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller that
stops working in the middle of playing an MP3 file and comes up missing
every other reboot. I want something reliable and inexpensive. Something that can play midi files (if it's even the sound card that
does that.) Any suggestions for this?

It's awfully hard to argue with the Soundblaster Live! for around $30 or so. Check Froogle or Pricewatch for better deals, but here's one off the top of my (search) head:
http://tinyurl.com/6ve9s

-- ---------- Doug Stewart Systems Administrator/Web Applications Developer Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs (856)792-9844 dstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx