RH9 or FC2 on Laptop with WiFi

Many many moons ago I installed RH9 on my Toshiba 5005-S507 and had to pay for a support incident to get the wireless, sound, and even the keyboard working correctly. It's running XP Pro (there's an oxi-moron) again and I would like to install FC2 or another build of Linux that would allow me to be up and running with as little tweaking as possible. Burned on CD, I currently have the following to choose from...

Red Hat v9.0 (my first preference)
Fedora Core 1
Fedora Core 2 (my second preference)
FreeBSD v5.1
Lindows OS v4.0 (yuck)
Mandrake Linux v9.0

The configuration of the machine is as follows:

Toshiba 5005-S507 laptop
1.2 GHz / 512 MB / 40 GB
nVidia GeForce4 440 Go
Linksys 802.11G 2.4GHz Wireless NIC (WPC54G v1.2)
Yama AC-XG Audio chipset
Onboard NIC physically disabled
Don't care about the onboard modem

A couple of notes...

1. My overall goal is to get off of M$ and port my apps from C#/.NET to something more cross-platform. Initially, admittedly, it will probably be Mono, but it will probably then move into strict Java. My goal is to get comfy with the OS and develop in a language I understand. Then, when I'm more comfortable, start moving to the next language.

2. I would love to download something else, but because of hurricane Chrarlie, I am on dial-up for the forseeable future. If there IS a distro out there that would be better for this, then I CAN get access to a fast connection. It's just gonna take a day or so.

3. Please don't think I'm being lazy with not wanting to spend time tweaking the OS to get it up. I just need to stay productive. I don't mind spending a few minutes each day trying to learn or figure something out, but I cannot devote days to it at one shot.

4. I DO NOT MIND PAYING FOR WHATEVER BUILD IT GET, AS LONG AS IT'S CLEAN AND STABLE. However, I do not feel that I NEED to pay for it. Just keep in mind that money for the distro is not an issue here.

I sincerely appreciate any, and all, input you can give.

Thanx,
Ryan
</x-tad-smaller>Tired of spam? Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say goodbye to junk email forever!