Upgrading Python on FC2

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their version of Python that comes with Fedora 2  (2.3.3) to a newer version. I ask because 2.3.4 is out, and has been for a while now, with some bugfixes. We're installing Python on some Windows systems that will be working alongside with Linux and would like to keep the versions consistent, and naturally would like to use the newest version. Is there an easy way to upgrade the version of Python that comes pre-installed on FC2, or am I just better off installing the older version on the Windows boxes? I've searched around and can't seem to find anything about installing Python 2.3.X on Fedora 2 at all.

Thanks.