Re: [Fedora] Re: Separate shell and www servers...

David L Norris wrote:

For example, one web host I use does this:
 /usr/home  - Home
 /usr/www   - Web (Apache DocumentRoot)
 /usr/boxes - Mailboxes

So, user "bob" would have these directories:
/usr/home/bob
/usr/www/bob
/usr/boxes/bob

However, how do you deal with automatic user creation, and assigning permissions to, say /usr/www/bob? When you use useradd to add a new user, it only assigns permissions to the $HOME directory. As far as I can see, I'd have to manually go create /usr/www/bob, and chown it to user bob.