Re: I also wonder...

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:09, Timothy Payne wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 06:32, Peter Cannon wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 Aug 2004 13:48, The wise and knowledgeable Timothy Payne
> > proclaimed:

> Hey! that wasn't me, and I'm certainly not wise and knowledgeable :-) As
> a Buddhist my purpose is to ease suffering and certainly not to cause
> it.  And to tell someone they're an idiot will make them feel bad. (the
> suffering thing)  If you make people spend 4 hours looking for a command
> or file every time they will just give up and install Windows again.  My
> mother told me "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say
> anything at all"  so just click delete.
>
> Tim...
> AKA The wise and knowledgeable one.  Good looking too!

<snip>

I have obviously come across as pretentious.  That was definitely not my
intention.  I have also apologized, which definitely IS my intention.

I am not wise and all-knowing, and I'm sorry for my fiery post.  I also
know that I'm no better than anyone else, I certainly wasn't trying to
make anyone feel like and idiot.

Mike.