Reository wisdom (not lookin' fer howtos)

    Well, my research into LDAP for authentication is showing GREAT
benefits over NIS, and I have a third machine (for the home) installing
upstairs as I type this. This one's delay due to a dirty CDROM, and I
have to go 'hit' it once in a while.  An FTP install would probably be
more accurate, if the bandwidth is available.

    I'm curious about repositories; since these could be massive groups
of PCs (say, hundreds or thousands) it should make sense to maintain a
separate repo (yum, presumably) on a server somewhere.

    My question is, with all the questions about repo stability and
such, what's the best way to go about it, strategically? I'm talking
about whether I should find a local college to sync with, get it
straight from fedora.us, or exactly what seems to go into making a nice,
stable mirror?

Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller