Re: VMWare & Core 2

This may not be the answer to your question.

when I installed FC2 to Dell Optiplec GX270. There was
X window problem. Can't recall the exact preblem, but
someting to do with color depth setting => scree
configuration. I get a 865patch installed and boot it
prior to X server. It worked.
965 patch from

http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.html

Good luck

--- David L Norris <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:17 +0800, Ow Mun Heng
> wrote:
> > Well, For some obsure reason, a depth of 16 has
> better power management
> > compared to 24 (according to some users of the
> cpufreq code)
> >
> > So, in essence, you have to make sure that your
> X's config and that of
> > vmware's X is of the same default depth.
>
> The guest video performance will be much better
> using fullscreen.  In a
> window it seems to run faster if the depth matches.
> 16bpp seems to be
> the best guest and host depth.  Also, if the host
> does not have a depth
> and mode to match the guest OS then you can not use
> fullscreen.  The
> host's video card drivers need to support direct
> access for fullscreen.
> (e.g. NVidia cards seem to need the proprietary
> driver.)
>

> For the original poster: system-config-display can
> be used to adjust the
> default mode and depth.  Set the "Color Depth" to
> "Thousands of Colors"
> on the settings tab.
>

> Otherwise, FC2 works fine for me as a host and guest
> running VMWare
> Workstation 4.5.2 build 8848.  I also have used
> another FC2 host running
> VMWare GSX Server 3.1.0 without problems.
>
> --
>  David Norris
>   http://www.webaugur.com/dave/
>   ICQ - 412039
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc