USB CF Reader

Hello.  I am using FC 2 and trying to get my USB CF Reader to function.

I recompiled the kernel to include USB and SCSI support but it still
doesnt work.

Also my digital camera isnt recognized if it is connected directly to
the computer as well.  Isnt a digital camera supposed to be auto
recognized as part of the Digital Camera Tool?

The only USB device that is working is my scanner.

Is something else wrong w/ the USB setup possibly or what else could be
causing the CF Reader and camera to not be recognized.

Thank you,

Thornton