Re: VMWare & Core 2

Ryan,

I'm using 4.5 to run Fedora Core 2. It was installed last week while I was
away. When I tried to run it, there were problems with the network
connection. I tried to fix this and also change the screen resolution to
1280 x 1040. I couldn't fix the network problem. When we restarted VMware,
FC2 would not complete booting (it would hang at the swap file). They
re-installed and now networking is working. They improved the screen res
but not to what I wanted - but I'm afraid to increase it to 1280 x 1040.
I'm going to wait awhile. Everything seems to be working otherwise. It
runs well on a new Gateway series E desktop (512k memory, 283 or so for
Linux). I would have preferred just doing a dual boot.

Rick B.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Lotsa Cabo wrote:

> Is anyone using Fedora Core 2 under VMWare v4.5?  It's slow as molasses
> and I cannot get X to run.  I never had a problem with Red Hat (up
> through 9) or Core 1.
>
> R/S
> Ryan
> Tired of spam?  Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say
> goodbye to junk email forever!

Rick Bilonick
mailto:rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nauticom.net/users/rab