Re: VMWare & Core 2

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:22:53 -0400, Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Montag, 16. August 2004 15:11 schrieb Lotsa Cabo:
> > Is anyone using Fedora Core 2 under VMWare v4.5?  It's slow as molasses
> > and I cannot get X to run.  I never had a problem with Red Hat (up
> > through 9) or Core 1.
> >
> > R/S
> > Ryan
> > _________________________
> > Tired of spam?  Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say
> > goodbye to junk email forever!
> I use it and it works. You do not install the vmware tools on the virtuel
> maschin.
>
> I use it as well. In order to get X to run, you need to edit the X11R6
> config file, it's one of those things I learned about about 4 months ago.
> The display is set to 16bpp and it needs to be changed to 24bpp.
>
> That will fix your X problem.

Where is the "X11R6 config file".  My FC2 runs is configured by the
xorg.conf file under /etc/X11.  Is there something I'm missing?

BTW, I have VMware 4.5 running fine on FC2.  I get a warning everytime
I boot it about the kernel not being supported, but I've had no
problems with it, other than not being able to go into full screen
mode with the client OS.

Kevin
--
Kevin Old