Re: OT- SCO - Mr. Enderle - Linux - Free Software.

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 11:19, Mike Markiw III wrote:

Ok, all politics about Free, Open Source Software aside, WTF?  First, he talks about people being zombies and wasting their lives by being wage slaves.  I guess it's our fault for not being millionaires or CEOs major corporations or something like that.  Then, one run-on sentence later, he lambasts those SAME PEOPLE for suddenly supporting something for free, because they believe in the idea.  So we're only allowed to believe in ideas that we get paid for?

Oops, sorry, thats a contradiction!  Thanks for playing the logic game, but you lose Mr. Enderle.  Please buy a clue before you spout off again on a subject you have no grasp of.
</rant>

What else can you really say?
-Mike

Well, from 1978 until 1993 I 'wasted' time helping people get computers set up with various results, under Microsoft. Since then I've been doing the same thing with resounding success and MAKING FRIENDS with Linux. I don't care how you characterize it- Linux has made computing fun again.

   ...and I've already invested too much time with legacy software.

   So I'm doing the same for Linux as I used to for them. Only the
party no longer getting my attention would care. When I started,
computing was fun- new applications, new hardware...things looked like
they were going well, when Win'DOHs started to take the fun out of the
challenge, 'cause there was less workarounds.

   It became a cage made of money, which extracted all fun, limited
choices and pissed people off, TOO.  And they never cleaned it up or
removed the key problems.

To paraphase Gary Larson: "Welcome to Linux- here's your harp."
"Welcome to Windows, here's your accordian."

:)

DOS, still the best OS Microsoft ever had. Windows 3.1 and on, boring and unstable. When I finally came across GNU/Linux, I actually felt like I was doing something worthwhile. As opposed to just banging my head on the monitor when windoze crashed.

Austin