Re: OT- SCO - Mr. Enderle - Linux - Free Software.

> [quote]
> There are people who get up every day, work a 9 to 5 and go home to
> their families trading their lives for varying degrees of cash. In my
> view, though clearly not theirs, they are selling their lives very
> cheaply. These are wage slaves and the difference between
> people like that and a zombie is generally lost on me.
>
> Do you realize that many, I'm not saying all or even most, of the
> Linux supporters are like this, they have never coded anything in
> their lives, have never even played a video game, in fact the only
> reason they are supporting Linux is because it is a cause and their
> life lacks one.
>
> That is an incredibly sad group of folks, and I wonder what their
> reaction will be when they finally understand they are supporting
> software and not the second coming.
> [/quote]

Ok, all politics about Free, Open Source Software aside, WTF?  First, he talks about people being zombies and wasting their lives by being wage slaves.  I guess it's our fault for not being millionaires or CEOs major corporations or something like that.  Then, one run-on sentence later, he lambasts those SAME PEOPLE for suddenly supporting something for free, because they believe in the idea.  So we're only allowed to believe in ideas that we get paid for?

Oops, sorry, thats a contradiction!  Thanks for playing the logic game, but you lose Mr. Enderle.  Please buy a clue before you spout off again on a subject you have no grasp of.
</rant>

What else can you really say?
-Mike