Re: mdadm / mdmonitor

Hi Al,

 --- Al Sparks <data345@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm checking through some daemons that fedora starts
> on bootup, and
> one of them is mdadm (the service is called
> mdmonitor).  Mdadm manages
> software raid, according to docs.  If I have
> hardware raid instead, is
> there any value at having mdmonitor started?
>   === Al

It's my understanding that even if it is started, it
won't run unless you've configured the /etc/mdadm.conf
file defining what devices you wish to manage.

In others words, although it says "[ OK ]" on the
start screen, check your process list and you'll find
it won't run the process "mdadm --monitor --scan" on
your machine.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com