Re: (newbie) sendmail Masquerading Help?

Jorge Luis <lists+fedora@xxxxxxxx> writes:

!! Confusion alert:
I suspect I need to butt out of this, as I may be only confusing
things further.  With these comments below, I defer to Alexander.

I can't speak for Alexander of course but I think he may have just
meant:
  >       MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(verizon.net)dnl

That it doesn't make sense to masquerade the above domain.
It does make sense to masquerade *AS* that domain which is accomplished
with.

  > 	  MASQUERADE_AS(`verizon.net')dnl

>    Harry> Do you get the same result if you leave out all of the
>    Harry> above entries?

> Yes, it works fine as long as I have

>      MASQUERADE_AS(`jorge.cc')dnl
>      FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

By saying "Yes, it works fine", does this mean the problem is solved
by removing those lines?

[...]

> <<< 553 satyr.bogus.jl does not exist
> 501 5.6.0 Data format error

The server can't get a dns lookup on satyr.bogus.jl (of course)
That is why you do need to Masquerade_AS and Masquerade envelope.

> Okay, I set masquerading to jorge.cc, and it works fine.  The point
> is, I can't use the smarthost without masquerading to something.

Again it sounds as if the problem is solved... is that the case?