Re: Firewire missing in FC2 SMP kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2

The problem is having enough developer time, experience, and
*equipment* to get the drivers cleaned up.  I have neither the time
nor the developer experience.  Nor the inclination; I don't own any MP
machines (and thus not the equipment).  Call me selfish, but I have
things I'd rather be working on.  it's not glamorous work.  But that's
just me.

I understand how frustrating it is. the firewire mailing list used to
be probably 30-50% problems that ended up being SMP/UP issues.  I
don't monitor the list anymore, so I have no clue if that's still the
case.

   - Kevin