Re: Yum has screwed up my system :-(

Axel Thimm wrote:

I for one am not looking forward to moving to FC3 when it comes out. I have stayed away from FC2 as I have to have my home machine working or my wife will kill me. She hates it when I say I have to do an security update as she is afraid that there are going to be problems.

Just present her the latest Windows virus incident from the newspaper
to make her love it ;)

I love computers. :)

We havn't used windows in our house, except for a machine that was only booted once in a while with Win95 since 1998. We used OS/2 and went to RH linux in 1999. She has so many problems with the Windows computers that she has to use at work that there is no question that Windows won't enter our house. She uses a Mac most times at work but it is pre OS-X.

I am not afraid of the move to FC3, it is installing of all the applications that we are using now, and not missing that one application that we only use occasionally. There are some compiled programs that I would have to re-compile but that is only time. And we all have all the time in the world, right? :)

--
Robin Laing