printcap.local and cups

Hello!

I have a question regarding printcap.local (or just printcaps in general) and cups under Fedora Core 2.

I am trying to install a fairly odd printer that requires its own printcap to work. The installation instructions tells me to put this:

ttp7000:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/ttp7000:\
        :if=/usr/local/swecoin/ttp7000.sh:\
        :mx#0:mc#99:sh:

into printcap.local and restart lpd with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd restart". So far so good except that as I understand it Fedora don't use lpd but it uses cups. And to make matters worse I have heard rumours that cups ignores /etc/printcap.local. :-)

My question is this: is there any way that I can tell cups about the information in the above printcap? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance!

:.:: mattias