Re: Unable to boot kernel on ANY Compaq system

Jack,

These are old DL360 and nothing in SmartStart indicates the have USB ports.

I can get FC2 to install if I replace the default kernel in the install image with one I've built myself.

I'm 95% sure now that the problem I'm having with booting the default kernel (pre/post install) is that the driver for the embedded Smart Array controller is never being loaded. In fact, if I boot the install on ANY Compaq with a Smart Array (whether embedded or on-a-card), the install fails to boot.

If I boot my custom kernel, I see the kernel detect the array and load the cpqarray driver, but I don't see this happen with the kernel that is shipped with Fedora (1, 2, 3T1).

-David