Re: 2.6.7 kernel

Simon Andrews wrote:

> Mark Haney wrote:
>> I take it the 2.6.7 kernel can't be setup to boot with a boot floppy
>> using  mkbootdisk?  I've been trying for 3 days now and can't get it to
>> write a  good one.  I recall seeing something about it, but I can't seem
>> to find  where I saw that.  Any ideas?
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&m=109214125504938&w=2
>
> Look for the --iso option to mkbootdisk and take it from there...

I agree that this is the easiest thing to do,
but in fact I found it fairly easy to make a boot floppy
after compiling the kernel, following the advice in /usr/share/doc/syslinux*

>> And before any one asks, I have to use a boot disk as my HP machine
>> continues to format the MBR when I install GRUB.

You don't need to re-install grub.
It reads the config file to see what kernels are available.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366