Services Configuration Tool problems

I'm trying to use the Services Configuration Tool, but can't find how
to save my changes.  The "Save" and "Revert" options are grayed out.
I'm running the tool as root.

The tool doesn't seem to reflect the state of the underlying files, at
least for non-xinetd services.  For example, there's a daily cron job
installed for yum-update, but the Services Configuration Tool shows
yum as being disabled for all run levels.

I could edit the conf files by hand, of course, but the tool looks
like it would be easier and more goof-proof.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Jorge Luis González
lists+fedora@xxxxxxxx