lm_sensors output

    I have built and installed the srpm for lm_sensors2.8.7-1
from development on my Fedora Core 2 box running the linux
2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp kernel. While it works (after modifying
the /etc/init.d/lm_sensors per the bugzilla report), I am
puzzled about the output on my Tyan Tiger 7505 motherboard.
I used the recommended approach of running sensors-detect
program to identify those modules I needed to load. This
gave me a /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors of...

MODULE_0=i2c-i801
MODULE_1=i2c-isa
MODULE_2=w83781d
MODULE_3=w83627hf

However the sensors output shows two sections. One is for
w83627hf-isa-0c00 and contains actual nonzero values for the
temperatures and fan speeds. The second is for w83627hf-i2c-0-2d
and contains only zeros for the temperature and fan speed.
The first table is marked as Adapter: ISA adapter whereas the
second with zero values is marked SMBus I801 adapter. What is
the rational for which adapter gets the temperature measurements?
Oh, this is for a dual Xeon box. Thanks in advance for any clues.
                       Jack
ps I am mucking with lm_sensors so I cam monitor my cpu temperature
during molecular dynamics LAM runs.