Re: Automatically mounting USB flash disks/ USB thumb drives

On 11/08/04, at 16:53 +0800, Didier Casse <didierbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/08/04, at 09:45 +0100, Andy Green <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Wednesday 11 August 2004 09:28, Didier Casse wrote:
> >
> > > I'll try to update my hotplug. I'm using the Enlightenment Window Manager.
> > > Could that be a problem?
> >
> > Probably not, but you can easily check.  Open a console window and type
> >
> > kfmclient openURL ~
> >
> > If enough of KDE is around, you should get a Konqueror window on your home
> > directory.  That's basically what the hotplug script is trying to do.
>
> Yeps this one works!
>

> > Also worth testing, when the USB stick is plugged in, you should be able to
> > see the memory stick contents automounted at /mnt/usbaudioplayer while it is
> > plugged in: have a look by hand.  If that is there, the automount action is
> > working fine, there is no need to umount the flash drive, just wait 3 seconds
> > after the last access and pull it out.
> >

> No automount action! Will try updating stuff. Thanks for the reply.

I updated my hotplug and kernel... Well it correctly guesses that there is
something around but when I plus my usb stick in, nothing happens and my
/mnt/usb is not mounted.

(root@tarantula:didier)# rpm -q hotplug
hotplug-2004_04_01-1

(root@tarantula:didier)# usbautocam list
usbautocam setup script, v0.2 2004-04-13 (c)2004 andy@xxxxxxxxxxx,
licensed under the GPL

Device # 1
   Device : Ours Technology, Inc.
   Storage: /mnt/usb
   UNIQUE_STGPATH=/mnt/usb/set$INDEX
      mkdir -p $UNIQUE_STGPATH
      chown $USBAUTOUSER $UNIQUE_STGPATH
      chown $USBAUTOGROUP $UNIQUE_STGPATH
      chmod 777 $UNIQUE_STGPATH
       echo "n" | su $KDEUSER -c "kfmclient openProfile 'Icons'
'$UNIQUE_STGPATH'" &
       echo "n" | su $KDEUSER -c "kfmclient move $subdir/*
'$UNIQUE_STGPATH'"
      mv -f $subdir/* $UNIQUE_STGPATH
       DESTFILE=$UNIQUE_STGPATH/`basename $j`
    chmod 755 $UNIQUE_STGPATH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------sorry

Sorry to bug!

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg

Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg