Re: FC and SATA RAID (dmraid)

> Am Mo, den 09.08.2004 schrieb Markus Nicolussi um 17:57:

> > but then i got stuck, because the documentation is so poor. and because
> > i need install CD's which see my SATA-RAID (SiI chip -->  Medley)
>
> Don't only complain but contribute by testing.

Yeah! your right. Since FC1 i try every (test) release. my last try was
FC3T1 and it didn't work. I can see my harddrives even with FC1. but only
single, not together as one like with the SiI drivers.

Silicon Image linux
driver:
http://12.24.47.40/display/2/index.asp?c=12&cpc=ULwO0A442oKs512Q04X5i0UupP4SveI6dt2WJi7&cid=2&r=0.4358026
(you have to go to the left frame and choose: Serial ATA -> controllers ->
SiI3112/3112A -> SiI3112A: Linux SATA Drivers)

this driver was made for RH9. the driver wasn't updated for over a year!
it's a driver-floppy-disk which anaconda uses to load the driver so that it
can see the medley array. afterwards it can install on it and builds a
initrd with the driver in it so that i can boot from medley.

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.0/0986.html sais that
dmraid supports the so called Silicon Image Medley RAID.
but the documentation/readme to this software only tells me, how to install
dmraid on a already running system. but i can't install a fedora core
because it doesn't see the Medley array for which it seems to need dmraid -
wich only can be installed on a allready running fedora which...

i don't now what was first, the chicken or the egg...

maybe there is a way by temporarly installing fedora on a normal IDE drive
and then linking the medely array into the system. and then somehow
installing fedora on my raid array. but i don't know how and couldn't find
something in the net.

i'm keen on testing but i can't find any howto and i have too less phantasy
to imagine it myselfe. and i don't have a spare ide harddisk to boot from.

so the question ist: Whenn will Anaconda use dmraid, so that i can test the
Fedora install CDs and dmraid?

ciao, nico.