Fedora and video player plug-ins

Hi folks,
I'm just curious about why there are no video player plug-ins with the RH/FC distros. It seems like there are lots of choices for other items included, and I know that of other distros, some include both Xine and Mplayerplug-in, others include one of them, but not RH/FC. I realize there are licensing issues with Real Player, but aren't Xine and Mplayerplug-in as much F/OSS items as Open Office? Seeing the Mplayer thread makes me think it would be really nice to have it included on the install disc/s. I had a lot more issues installing Mplayer than I did Clamav (surprisingly). I also realize there are legal issues about the dvd decoding libs., but that is an easy download and install compared to installing and getting the player working.
Thanks, Stan