Re: Stopping the graphical login

Greetings Jamie ,

jamie_myers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have Fedora Core 2 installed and I have been looking around and can't find a way to stop the graphical login. Can anyone point me the in the right direction here?

Well i have Fedora Core 1 here , but i guess it applies to Fedora Core 2

A good start would be a file called inittab in the /etc directory So first backup the file "/etc/inittab" . The with vi for example

# vi /etc/inittab

Now go to line 18 , it should read something like the line shown bellow

id:5:initdefault:
   ^
This ( "5" ) means graphical login  whereas "3" means non graphical
login . All you have to do is change the above line to read

id:3:initdefault:

Then save the file .

After that telinit 3 does the magic . Otherwise the next time your
computer boots it will start with the non graphical login

HTH,

Kind Regards, Kostas

Jamie Myers