possible kudzu problem in FC2?

This afternoon I had to swap disk drives between two systems, one was
running FC2 the other FC1.  (short version of the story, parallel port
on the FC1 box would not work.)

After moving the drives I booted the system with the FC1 drive and it
came up and removed and added various components that had changed
between the motherboards such as NIC, video card, USB.  Worked very
nicely and solved the initial problem of the bad parallel port.

When I booted the system that now had the FC2 drives it also came up and
removed and added components as expected.  However when it continued the
boot process X failed to load.  I traced this fairly quickly to the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file which did not have the correct video adapter
information.  Took me a couple of minutes to correctly identify the
adapter on this mother board (SIS 650) and make the changes.  After that
everything booted just fine.

I guess the question I have is should this have correctly identified the
video card and made the changes to xorg.conf or should I have done
something else to make this swap?

--
Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>