Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

That is a good point.

Censorship and individual sense of morality aside, it may just be that
someones unique sense of humor is to include words that may be
offensive to some people. There is no good reason for such content
to be universally available by default. If somebody wants that type of
content to entertain themselves, it should be invoked only at their
specific request, but not available by default.

Although such words are mostly of an anatomical nature, and I do not
think they are offensive, it is not my place to enforce the sensibilities
of people who believe otherwise. It would be a good idea to not include
words or plays on words that are not suitable in polite conversation
because somebody may be offended. Offending people does not help
anyone, even if their apparent offense may seam to be silly by your
standards.

Craig White wrote:

...snip...

----
I think there are a lot of excellent points being raised here.

I hope that this discussion is being picked up by proper Red Hat
employees but you can't count on it.

I would suggest that those who are offended put in a bugzilla report and
ask to have the offensive content be removed as bugzilla forces people
to consider and respond - and you can be relatively confident that the
decision to exclude or include the offending content is evaluated by Red
Hat managers.

<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> - be certain to reference Fedora
core and xscreensaver

Craig

-- Guy Fraser

There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you
will certainly discover things the meek and timid will miss out on.