RE: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 01:45, Greg Swallow wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:43:19 +0100 Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > ... But to me what you described is called moral harassment...
>
> Might be harassment, but it is the reality we run into every today.
>
> More to point, Windows and/or Mac OS do not delivery with such content
> and, if Red Hat/Fedora wants business to seriously consider their
> product, it should do the same. Else businesses will continue to buy
> Windows and Mac OS and keep Linux in the closet.
>
> Just as I will be doing this morning. I am considering one final
> hardware purchase to try to get nVidia running correctly on my boxes;
> one RHE WS3 and one FC2. If it will or does not work, I will drop Linux
> completely for our workstations and move these boxes out as servers. No
> GUI no problem.
>
> My employees do not need Linux at all. They are willing to go along with
> the change just to save me money. In turn, I am willing to spend money
> to protect them from any absurd legal dispute. That is why I am making a
> decision based on such a case 'history.'

----
I think there are a lot of excellent points being raised here.

I hope that this discussion is being picked up by proper Red Hat
employees but you can't count on it.

I would suggest that those who are offended put in a bugzilla report and
ask to have the offensive content be removed as bugzilla forces people
to consider and respond - and you can be relatively confident that the
decision to exclude or include the offending content is evaluated by Red
Hat managers.

<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> - be certain to reference Fedora
core and xscreensaver

Craig