Re: FC2 Kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2 hanging during boot process

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 00:48, Clive Long wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I downloaded the latest kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2  a
> few days ago.
>
>    Each boot attempt results in a long period spent at
> message
>
> "Enabling swap space"
>
> then the machine hangs at message
>
> "Spurious 8259A interrupt IRQ7"
>
> I have subsequently tried booting the machine from the
> previous 2.6.6 kernel and that hung as well. I haven't
> had time to go back to earlier kernels.
>
> Prior to this new kernel I had no problems booting FC2
> on my laptop.
>
> Any idea what the problem is and how to go forward? Or
> any further diagnostic info I can post
>
> Machine: IBM T21
> Memory: 256M (?)

I had the same problem when I installed the latest ntfs driver from
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/index.html on my laptop.  I needed to
remove ntfs support, rpm -e kernel-ntfs, to solve the problem.  I later
recompiled the driver using help in a bugzilla report.

--
Clifford Snow