Re: Trouble installing ATI drivers!

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:45:38 -0500
> From: Andrew <TerranAce007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Trouble installing ATI drivers!
> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

*snip*
> If tux racer runs, then I have 3D enabled, so the built-in drivers
> must
> work pretty well. What will I gain with the ATI drivers?
*/snip*

If tux racer runs at a reasonable frame rate (i.e., not absurdly slow), then your 3D should be working fine.

Now that I see your system specs, I think you should be okay without the ATI drivers.  The 8500LE should be supported under the kernel's built-in radeon driver.  Only newer cards (like my 9600XT, but in general most of the Radeon 9xxx) need the ATI drivers for 3D support (there's plenty of documentation as to which specifically the kernel supports, but like I said, I think only the 9xxx need the ATI drivers).