multiple sound devices configured incorrectly on FC2

Been having a problem with sound not playing on my Audigy card since
moving to Fedorca Core 2. I think it was working when I did an upgrade
from FC1 to FC2, but when I reinstalled to get a clean version of FC2
onto the machine it stopped working.

Initially I thought it was the driver, however after some
experimentation it appears to be the way the devices that access my
Audigy soundcard and Mainboard sound were created.

ls -l /dev/dsp* gives (yes I know this is not a copy+paste)
/dev/dsp
/dev/dsp0 -> /dev/dsp
/dev/dsp1

Now from using cat to throw random files down the various devices in
order to work out what the hell was pointing to what, I've worked out
the following
/dev/dsp is my onboard sound
/dev/dsp1 is my audigy card
as a result /dev/dsp0 also points to my onboard sound

Now using the gui sound config tool to play test samples I've noticed
that no matter what, the default device is always setup to be my
onboard sound. I'm not entire sure about this but I'm guessing that
its because /dev/dsp is what is referenced and that always connects to
my on board sound.

Additionally playing the test sample always comes out on my onboard
sound, no matter which one I play the test sample from.

The way I think it should be setup is

/dev/dsp -> symlinked to default sound device
/dev/dsp0 connected to on board sound
/dev/dsp1 connected to audigy sound card

I'm not entirely sure how to either a) recreate the node /dev/dsp0
correctly, can I just move it to /dev/dsp0? or how do I get the
correct major minor info (actually I would still appreciate knowing
how to get the correct info to recreate /dev/dsp0 correctly even if
moving would work) or b) work out why the devices were created
incorrectly and fix the problem so if the system rescans itself it
won't mess up creating the /dev/dsp* device nodes again.

I'm guessing this is all due to some setup configuration bug, so
knowing how to work out how it decided to create the various /dev/dsp
devices would be useful to add to the bugzilla when I get around to
creating it.

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"