Re: easy install of LPRng for fedora core2?

Matthew Saltzman said:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Ross Macintyre wrote:
>
>> I'm limited by time, and I need to make a Fedora Core2 system work in a
>> LPRng environment.
>> ie I have a network of machines which all run LPRng, and I want a Core2
>> system to fit in quickly and easily.
>>
>> I thought I'd be able to install a LPRng rpm alongside the cups stuff,
>> and
>> I'd look at configuring cups later.
>> So are there any easy ways (compatible LPRng rpms) out there, or is the
>> easiest way to download the source and compile (and if so which version
>> would be best)
>>
>> Thanks in avance,
>>
>> Ross
>
> What does the FC2 system need to do in particular?  The CUPS clients allow
> printer queues to be defined as lpd queues.  The CUPS server supports lpd
> queues with a simple configuration change (chkconfig cups-lpd on and open
> the appropriate firewall ports).

The only thing it will have to do is use quotas. Inthe first instance I
will just be setting all the clients machines to send to the print server,
so I guess that will be fairly simple, until I come to upgrading the print
server. I'll hve a bash at this and if it goes fairly easy then I'll move
to cups.
My first thought that it would be a lot easier to install LPRng but, to be
honest, I'd much rather go with the core2 default.
Cheers,

Ross

--
Ross Macintyre (raz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)