Fedora Install on IBM Thinkpad T22 Laptop Networking Problem

I just loaded Fedora Core 2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22 P3 900Mhz laptop and am having some problems. First of all I've been a redHat user for about three years and not going from Windows to Fedora, I'm going from RedHat 9.1 to Fedora Core 2 and the RedHat install I had worked great from the initial install through the Fedora install (today).

First, I can't get the networking to connect to the network (the NIC it seems to have picked is somthing I don't recognize and when I try to reconfigure it for the NIC I know is in it...Nada. Also, I tried to set up for my Linksys wireless 802.11G network card and I can't find a driver for it in the driver list.

Just to prove that the NIC hadn't gone bad I booted my KNOPPIX Linux CD and the networking stuff worked perfectly.

I'm on the faculty in the Computer Science Department at Binghamton University and have been trying to convert all of my Windows based students over to Linux and need to have this Laptop working as best as it can as I use it for classroom presentations and demonstrations. I hate to go back to RedHat 9.1 and KNOPPIX has its own set of shortcomings; from the reviews I 've read Fedore Core 2 sounds like it'll fit the bill.

Dick Steflik
Department of Computer Science
Binghamton University
Binghamton, NY 13902