My machine!!

Greetings everyone,

I am a long time fed up Windows user. I have run Linux on my computer before, but at that time I wasn't very computer savvy (not that I'm very computer savvy now either way) and didn't spend much time getting to learn it. My machine is a Compaq Presario 5190, and I purchased the Official Fedora Companion book, which came with the Fedora Core Publisher's Edition CD ROM. I got through most of the installation with no problem until after I set my root password I get a prompt that says "Your machine is not supported by this version of Fedora". Three years ago this computer was running Red Hat Linux 5.2... so what's the deal with it not bieng able to run Fedora? Is there any chance in hell that I might be able to get this to run, or is there a version of Fedora out there that my computer will run? I don't want to run Window's 2000 on my computer anymore becuase I'm tired of suffering.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Robert Morrison