Re: Bluefish (was: HTML tools for linux)

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 12:18 -0700, Mark Eggers wrote:

> 5. Bluefish - http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
>
> I think that there is an rpm for this as well.  This is a very flexible
> editor that understands not only HTML and CSS, but php, jsp, xml,
> python, perl, and a host of other formats.  It has lots of menus for
> code assists, has the concept of projects, and allows you to do fun
> things like open multiple files recursively based on regular
> expressions.
>
> I like this editor a lot, and only have a few nits to pick.

And those nitpicks are?

>  Probably
> the most annoying one is that even though you tell the editor to use
> spaces instead of tabs, the page appears to be saved with tabs.

This option to use spaces instead of tabs currently only applies when
indenting code. i.e. when using Shift Left/Shift Right. I just tested
this with current CVS and it does save the file with spaces. The option
could probably be a little clearer about this.

Feel free to contact me off the list about Bluefish. Or you can send any
comments, feature requests, bug reports, etc... directly to
Olivier Sessink <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or the Bluefish mailing
list. Yes, it says dev, but it is essentially the "users" list as well
as the development list.

To subscribe just send an email containing "subscribe bluefish-dev" in
the body to bluefish-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,
	Jim H
--