Re: Newbie questions: PDF

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
embedded fonts.. what does that mean?

using non-system fonts (like your corporate ID font as *.ttf). Most professional fonts look better than free fonts (regarding hinting, kerning etc.). Even though I know that there are also professional level free fonts (like Vera or Gentium) - just to prevent a philosophical discussion.

The other thing may be because you lack the fonts? Or maybe your reader
doesn't have the fonts.
Do I have to install the fonts for gpdf again (and how do I do it?). I can't imagine that I have to reinstall the same fonts which I used to produce the PDF (I had the same results when exporting as PDF from OOo).
Try installing acroread instead. There's one at dags
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/acroread/

I did this but the user interface of version 5 is soooo ugly. I don't dare to talk about HIG compliance.

Best regards
Roland
begin:vcard
fn:Roland Woldt