pangoxft problems solved

Greetings;

Some of you may recall I was having pangoxft problems that couldn't be
fixed by checkjing,verifying/re-installing/even copying over the
stuff using mc to unpack the rpms.  In short, it was being a
stubborn, un-responsive cast iron bitch!

This morning, out of boredom, I mwas doing a little space patrol and
found some older 1.2 stuffs in /usr/local/share/lib/pango and nuked
them.  Then I re-ran ldconfig.

Trying to run gftp, one of the failed programs, it came up with a new
error message about an /etc/pango/pango-modules file and a hint about
re-running pango-querymodules.  No such executable to be found, but
there was a pango-querymodules-32.

Looking in /etc/pango, there was no file named pango-modules.  Odd
indeed...

Running /usr/bin/pango-querymodules-32, it spit out a list.  Humm, now
what would happen if I did a
"pango-querymodules-32 >pango.modules" so it would generate this list
as a file thinks I.  So I did.

Low, and behold, just like Moses comeing down off the mountain with
this list as a locally generated file and everything is now magicly
working again.  gftp, gkrellm, synaptic, the whole maryann, all
appear to be working.

So my question then is directed to the packager(s) of pango:

Whereinhell are the docs that I could have read (or the missing init
script in the ^%$#@(*% broken IMO rpms) that would have allowed me to
fix my broken system several weeks ago??????????

Inquireing minds want to know...

Anyway, I hope this little blow by blow will help someone else living
through the upgrade to FC2 dependency hell THAT can create.  I think
I'm going to write a script and call it fix-pango. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)