Re: Synaptics TouchPad in FC2

Stanley Allely wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

Didier Casse wrote:

Hi All,
        FC2 doesn't seem to detect very well my synaptics touchpad.
Anybody knows how to get FC2 to work with a standard touchpad. Thanks.

With kind regards,

Didier.

I read a list of added packages to rawhide. One additional package was synaptics. I have a synaptics touchpad that works w/o the synaptics package. (adding psmouse.proto=imps to grub.conf). I thought that I'd mention the program for cases where adding psmouse.proto=imps does not help out.

Jim

If it helps at all, Linux Format magazine put a copy of the Synaptics TouchPad driver (0.13.0), in the system section of the issue 55 DVD.

I installed synaptics-0.13.4-3 from the development repository and left the psmouse.proto=imps entry in the grub.conf section for kernel parameters.

Is this driver supposed to just work if installed? Or is there some manual changes that need performed, in order to make use of this driver?

Jim

--
Logic doesn't apply to the real world.
		-- Marvin Minsky