Re: Crashing problem on firstboot, FC2 install

ne... wrote:

On Aug 5, 2004 at 10:46, Matt Morgan in a soothing rage wrote:

ne... wrote:

On Aug 4, 2004 at 16:31, Matt Morgan in a soothing rage wrote:

I'm trying to install FC2 on my computer, a white-box with Asus motherboard and hyperthreading 2.8Ghz Intel P4.

Which Asus mobo?

Sorry about that. It's an Asus P4S800. A google search reveals a lot of people who find it generally very compatible with linux, but not a lot about FC2 specifically.

I think this was the mobo that was causing serious problems on FC for some people. Search the list archives for more info.

N.Emile...

I can confirm that the Asus P4S800 can cause problems. IIRC, the correct way to completely fix it is to flash the latest BIOS for that board into it.

From what I remember, Asus became aware of the problem and released a new BIOS for it.

Regards,
Ed.