Re: What dvd writers are Fedora compatible?

I have an LG DVD writer, but havent been able to reliabily do data backups

I have like 4GB data to backup daily and I make 1 single big tar that then convert to iso file

Should I split the tar in smaller files ?

can anyone pls post the mkisofs and cdrecord command lines that you are using, or the script file you use for data backup for DVD ?

also I noticed that while Linux is burning the DVD I cant access the samba shares. after the DVD is finished burning I get all working back.

I am using 2 HD mounted as master on each controler with software RAID1 configuration and the DVD is mounted as slave with one of the disks

thanks for any help

Anand Buddhdev wrote:

Gerry Tool wrote:

I am thinking about buying an internal dvd writer and want it to be useable in Fedora. What makes/models have people successfully used?

I personally like the LG writer. It handles both +/- formats, as well as DVD-RAM. Highly recommended.