Re: Laptop Fedora

I just got a new Compaq Presario R3000 laptop and want to install
Fedora. Im going with the AMD64 version seeing as its on the laptop.
Any advice for a n00b ( linux on a laptop... desktops Im not afraid
of) like me?

My only real advice is to use the archives before posting questions.. get used to pcmcia and the idea of removable hardware.. you might want to have your LCD specs handy.

A bit OT but I was wondering if there is a way I could get a default installation of GNOME 2.6 on Fedora? Is there a process to this once I get fedora up and running?

I think you can just 'yum upgrade gnome' and it looks like via 'yum search gnome-desktop' that 2.6 is the latest version