Laptop Fedora

Sup everyone!

I just got a new Compaq Presario R3000 laptop and want to install
Fedora. Im going with the AMD64 version seeing as its on the laptop.
Any advice for a n00b ( linux on a laptop... desktops Im not afraid
of) like me?

A bit OT but I was wondering if there is a way I could get a default
installation of GNOME 2.6 on Fedora? Is there a process to this once I
get fedora up and running?

Thanks to all for their help! Have a great day!

--
- Miguel
radioact1ve@xxxxxxxxx