Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 10:55 -0400, Keith Hunt wrote:

> Home vs work is not the issue either -- don't any of you folks have
> children?  I'm supposed to sit there for an hour and watch each
> morphing screensaver image to ensure there is nothing I don't want my
> young daughter (or son) to see?  Sure, I can just use a blank screen
> -- now that I know.  It just never occurred to me that I would need to
> be on the lookout for this.

Having looked at the glsnake shapes and their textual descriptions, it
seems that the most offensive thing you have to worry about are the
shape descriptions, since the shapes themselves don't appear in any way
related to them :)

It probably is a good idea for Fedora and Red Hat to patch xscreensaver
to alter those descriptions (there's also "k's turd", "vagina"; you can
scan them all by running strings on the glsnake binary, those appear to
be only other questionable ones).