Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
[...]]
In short, I think Mr. Swallow and others have it right. Now that we
know, if you use FC in the workplace and know one or more screen savers
would be inappropriate there, simply disable those screen savers. I'd
also be sure to let others in the workplace know so they are able to do
the same.
..OK - I'm going back to my corner. Flame away if you like.
Cheers,
Chris

No flames at all, Chris. It was a well-stated position that you wrote.

It is indeed easy to temporarily disable that particular screensaver -- but easy to put back into place by a user. Is there a way to disable it for all users of multiple-user desktops (say in a school library or computer lab)?

It's somewhat disappointing and embarassing to learn that such a Beavis & Butthead level of middle-school locker room humor made it into a distro that I've been touting to my institution and colleagues as a professional and cost-effective alternative to their existing OS. And I'm glad to learn of it now, than after a school official or parent or student made the discovery first and raised the roof. I'm not hand-wringing over this, but it pays to have a healthy-level of anticipation to head off situations before they become real problems.

So the question that I have is this: Those of us in situations that this particular screensaver could present issues need to be able to disable it for all users. Is there a rpm -e like command that will get rid of it, while still keeping the other screensavers?

Clint