Re: Installing RPM s

--On Wednesday, July 28, 2004 2:48 PM +1000 Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW, while we're on the RPM topic, can I "pin" an RPM, so that rpm -U
or -F won't touch it? I occasionally want to install a special RPM of
a standard package (eg built from a hacked SRPM with special patches)
and _don't_ want a stray -F or -U to upgrade it because the upgrade will
lack the special patches.

Interesting question. You could use a dummy dependency. Create a "virtual" package that Requires something, and then add a Provides to your custom package for that requirement. Updating to a stock package would be blocked by the dependency.