Re: Unable to brows internet

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 12:42, wilzad aboobacker wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I have fedora core 2 installed in my system. and i am able to connect
> to internet using kppp. but after connection when i am trying to open
> any site, browsers says that address not found. even i can't open
> fedora home page.
>
> If any of you know a remedy for this, please inform me.

This sounds like the ppp DNS related problems that have been reported
here previously. When using a dial-up connection, presumably with an
auto assigned IP address and DNS addresses, the system fails to properly
set the DNS information in resolv.conf.

The result is that you can connect, but there is no domain to IP address
translation taking place via a DNS server, hence you cannot get
anyplace.

The thread begins here:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg07224.html

The fixes are in this post by Joe Conway and Chuck Sterling

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg07831.html

HTH,

Marc Schwartz