up2date anomaly - "hdr" vs "rpm"

Just finished with a fresh install of FC2 on my laptop, followed by running up2date and manually installing the kernel-doc package. My up2date icon is now a very happy blue ball.

The anomaly I'm seeing is when I look in the up2date folder, I see many header files without corresponding rpm's. This same behaviour was noted on my desktop when I installed / updated it.

Both machines were "Everything" installs, and up2date runs in it's default configuration except that I chose to keep the files after installation.

Since it happened on both machines, maybe it's normal. When I was running Shrike however I had "matched pairs" of header and rpm files. I remember this because I was using dialup at the time and up2date kept timing out so I would run it, grab the headers, then cancel and visit my favorite mirror to download the rpm's via ftp. Once I copied the downloaded rpm's to the up2date directory, up2date happily gobbled them right up.

Anybody else seen this behaviour in up2date ?? Better yet, anybody got an explaination ??

Thanks

Joebewan