Re: Dual boot with windows xp

On 29/07/2004 12:58:39, Paul wrote:
Hi,

> How would I modify the boot.ini file to boot fedora?

You don't.

O_o" Sheezz ... no? are you sure?

You install FC first, then XP (if you're using the 2.6 kernel, apply the 2.6 dual boot patches) and then use grub as the boot loader.

patches ? well, I updates from FC1 AND i dont touch geometry ...

From
painful memory, Win only allows Win to load - remember, unlike M$,
linux
recognises the lesser operating systems. I think M$ doesn't as other
than Sinclair ZX Basic, there isn't a lesser OS than Windows!
right, and then boot from XP grub, and so linux(es),beos, and XP too
:D