Re: MPlayer!!!

Just out of curiousity, whats wrong with the rpms in your opinion? My
installation of the same software was as follows:

wget http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf ; cat yum.conf >
/etc/yum.conf ; yum -y install mplayer

And it works just dandy. I noticed that in your example, you didn't
even optimize for your architecture which is the main reason people
build from source. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a strong believer of
the source, but packages are the way to go whenever possible unless
you want to do optimization masturbation that is gentoo.